- Attention: Students who signed up for the upcoming PSAT – Lakeland will be offering a PSAT study session on Monday, October 2nd for LHS students to help prepare for the October 11 PSAT. Students are asked to please bring the study guide books provided during signup to the study session. The session will be from 3:15 until 4:45 in the Library. Transportation is provided. Hope to see you there!
- Class of 2018: are you in need of the reading and/or writing SOL for a verified credit? We have good news Paul D. Camp Community College in Suffolk will be offering the Workkeys test Thursday, Oct. 12th at 6:00pm for the reading for information and 7:30pm for business writing. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start time of each test.
Students must register and pay online (see Ms. L. Johnson in the testing office for more information)
The fee for this test is $25 per test.
You are required to have a photo id in order to enter into the class.
*you will need to find out from your guidance counselor or testing coordinator which test(s) will need to be taken, if you don’t already know.
- Longwood University will be here tomorrow, 10.28 during lunch shifts.
- The FBLA meeting for today, 9.27.2017 is cancelled! Interest meeting moved to tomorrow, 9.28 @ 3:10pm in Room #118!! All interested, please come!!
- Marketing students: there will be a DECA meeting tomorrow, 9.28 in Room #230 at 3:15 p.m. Please attend so that we can make this year the best year ever!
- If any boys’ are interested in playing tennis, there will be Boys’ tennis conditioning this Friday, 9.29 after school at the tennis courts from 3:15 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. Be sure you have a ride home. Questions: talk to Coach Jay in Room #209.
- Any young lady interested in try-outs for softball: there will be conditioning on Tuesday, Oct. 3rd at 3:30 p.m. at the softball field.
- Faculty, Staff & Students: starting today we will be having the United Way fundraiser for our unity tree. Make a donation of any amount. A one dollar donation allows you to put your name on a leaf to go on the unity tree. Please make your donations during your lunch starting today through Oct. 4th. Thank you in advance for your giving.