- Students who signed up for the upcoming PSAT!!Lakeland will be offering a PSAT study session today, October 2nd for LHS students to help prepare for the Ooct. 11th Students are asked to please bring the study guide book provided during sign up to the study session. The session will be from 3:15 until 4:45 in the library. Transportation is provided. Hope to see you there!
- Class of 2018: are you in need of the reading and/or writing SOL for a verified credit? Well, we have good news- Paul D. Camp Community College in Suffolk will be offering the WorkKeys test Thursday, Oct. 12th at 6:00 p.m. for the reading information and 7:30 p.m. for business writing. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of each test. Students must register and pay online (see Ms. L. Johnson in the testing office for more information)
The fee for this test is $25 per test. You are required to have a photo id in order to enter into the class. You will need to find out from your guidance counselor or testing coordinator which test(s) will need to be taken, if you don’t already know.
- College night!!! Join us this evening from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at King’s Fork High School. Representatives from more than 40 colleges and universities will share information about their schools and answer all your questions about admission requirements, tuition, programs of study, financial aid, and student life.
- Seniors: please join Mrs. Foster and Mrs. Williams on
Thursday, Oct. 5th for financial aid & senior parent night from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Important information about filing FAFSA and graduation will be provided. A $1,000 scholarship will be given to one student in attendance.
- The deadline to turning in Rho Kappa applications has been extended until Wednesday, Oct. 4th.
- Seniors, you should select the pose from your senior portraits that you wish to appear in the yearbook. You can do this by either logging into Lifetouch/Prestige using the login information you received with your proofs or stopping by the library.
- School pictures will be taken tomorrow, Oct. 3rd and Wednesday, Oct. 4th through English classes.
- Any young lady interested in try-outs for softball: there will be conditioning tomorrow, 3rd at 3:30 p.m. at the softball field.
- There will be an NHS meeting Thursday, Oct. 5th at 3:15in room 105.
- There will be ASL club today, 2nd from 3:15 p.m. until 4:45 p.m. Please be on time!
- October’s character counts trait is “respect.” to respect someone means to admire someone deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements. Teachers, please refer to your email describing how this trait is being promoted.
- Faculty, staff & students: the United Way team is having a fundraiser for the united way tree. Make a donation of any amount. A one dollar donation allows you to put your name on a leaf to go on the unity tree. Please make your donations during your lunch today through Wednesday, Oct. 4th. Thank you in advance for your giving.
- Writing remediation for today, Oct.2nd will be held in room 100.