Class of 2018: are you in need of the reading and/or writing SOL for a verified credit? Well, we have good news- Paul D. Camp Community College in Suffolk will be offering the WorkKeys test Thursday, Oct. 12th at 6:00 p.m. for the reading information and 7:30 p.m. for business writing. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of each test. Students must register and pay online (see Ms. L. Johnson in the testing office for more information)
The fee for this test is $25 per test. You are required to have a photo id in order to enter into the class. You will need to find out from your guidance counselor or testing coordinator which test(s) will need to be taken, if you don’t already know.
- Seniors: the postcard that you may have received from Access college about financial aid night being Oct 10this incorrect. Financial aid night will be held at Lakeland High School on Oct 5th from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. in the library. So join Mrs. Foster and Mrs. Williams on Thursday, Oct. 5th for financial aid & senior parent night from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Important information about filing FAFSA and graduation will be provided. A $1,000 scholarship will be given to one student in attendance.
- All students running for homecoming court need to see Ms. Manning in the chorus room today!
- The deadline to turning in Rho Kappa applications has been extended until tomorrow, Oct. 4th.
- School pictures will be taken again tomorrow, 4th through English classes.
- Any young lady interested in try-outs for softball: there will be conditioning today, Oct. 3rd at 3:30 p.m. at the softball field.
- There will be an NHS meeting Thursday, Oct. 5th at 3:15in room 105.
- If you are interested in playing tennis come to boys’ tennis conditioning this Friday after school from 3:15 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. Make sure you have a ride home. Questions talk to Coach Jay in room 209.
- Anyone planning to play a winter sport must have a physical by nov.2nd. All physical must be turned in to coach G. Rountree. You will not be able to try out without a physical. Current fall sports participants do not have to get a new physical.
- Attention faculty, staff & students: the United way team is having a fundraiser for the united way tree. Make a donation of any amount. A one dollar donation allows you to put your name on a leaf to go on the unity tree. Please make your donations during your lunch today, 3rd and tomorrow, 4th. Thank you in advance for your giving.
- Writing remediation for today, Oct. 3rd will be held in room 106.