Class of 2018: are you in need of the reading and/or writing SOL for a verified credit? Well, we have good news- Paul d. Camp Community College in Suffolk will be offering the WorkKeys test Thursday, Oct. 12th at 6:00 p.m. for the reading information and 7:30 p.m. for business writing. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of each test. Students must register and pay online (see Ms. L. Johnson in the testing office for more information)
The fee for this test is $25 per test. You are required to have a photo id in order to enter into the class. You will need to find out from your guidance counselor or testing coordinator which test(s) will need to be taken, if you don’t already know.
- Seniors: Mrs.Foster have 3 spots available for a college tour to university of Mary Washington. Requirements must have a 3.5 GPA and sat score 1090-1280. Please stop by and see her today if you are interested in this tour.
- Yearbooks for the 2017-2018 school year are on sale now until Christmas break for only $50. After Christmas break, the price will go up to $60. Seniors, from now until Thanksgiving break we will be running a special on senior ads for the yearbook; full page: $200 after Thanksgiving break the price will go up to $300. If you would like a senior ad in the yearbook please see Ms. Sapp in room 129.
- If you are interested in playing tennis come to boys’ tennis conditioning today, Oct. 6th after school from 3:15 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. Make sure you have a ride home. Questions talk to Coach Jay in room 209.
- All members who have turned in their application for FBLA, please come to the first official meeting Monday, Oct. 9th, in room 118 after school @ 3:10!!! See you then!
- Anyone planning to play a winter sport must have a physical by Nov.2nd. All physicals must be turned in to Coach G. Rountree. You will not be able to try out without a physical. Current fall sports participants do not have to get a new physical.
- There will be lady’s tennis conditioning today, 6th from 3:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. all girls interested should be at the tennis courts on time. Come out and participate in the fun and exciting game of tennis while representing your team spirit.
- If you are taking the SAT on tomorrow, the faculty and staff of Lakeland High School would like to wish you the very best. Please arrive by 7:30 a.m. and enter through the English/Foreign Language doors. Please bring your ticket, ID, calculator, two #2 pencils and a snack for breaks. Remember no one will be admitted without their ticket or id.