Class of 2018: are you in need of the reading and/or writing SOL for a verified credit? Well, we have good news- Paul D. Camp Community College in Suffolk will be offering the WorkKeys test this Thursday, Oct. 12th at 6:00 p.m. for the reading information and 7:30 p.m. for business writing. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of each test. Students must register and pay online (see Ms. L. Johnson in the testing office for more information)
The fee for this test is $25 per test. You are required to have a photo id in order to enter into the class. You will need to find out from your guidance counselor or testing coordinator which test(s) will need to be taken, if you don’t already know.
- Students: Radford University will be visiting Lakeland today, 10th beginning at 12:20 p.m. in the cafeteria. If you are interested in attending or would like to learn more about Radford, please stop by their table and speak with the representative.
- Students: Virginia Tech will be visiting Lakeland tomorrow, 11th during your lunch shifts. If you are interested in attending or would like to learn more about Virginia Tech, please stop by their table and speak with the representative.
- Yearbooks for the 2017-2018 school year are on sale now until Christmas break for only $50. After Christmas break, the price will go up to $60. Seniors, from now until thanksgiving break we will be running a special on senior ads for the yearbook; full page: $200. After thanksgiving break the price will go up to $300. If you would like a senior ad in the yearbook please see Ms. Sapp in room 129.
- Anyone planning to play a winter sport must have a physical by Nov.2nd. All physical must be turned in to Coach G. Rountree. You will not be able to try out without a physical. Current fall sports participants do not have to get a new physical.
- All Cavaliers interested in joining the swim team this season: there will be an informational parent and swimmer meeting on Monday, Oct. 16th at 6:15 pmin the cafeteria. Conditioning will begin the week of October 30th. Please contact Coach Brant at 757-641-6388 with any additional questions/concerns.
- The Ladies of Distinction will meet Thursday Oct. 12th @ 3pm in room 232, Mrs. Riddick will be here.
- Z-block is cancelled for today, 10th. Z-block will re-convene on Thursday, Oct. 12th.
- October writing remediation will be held in room 107 this afternoon.