Class of 2018: are you in need of the reading and/or writing SOL for a verified credit? Well, we have good news- Paul D. Camp Community College in Suffolk will be offering the WorkKeys test tomorrow, 12th at 6:00 p.m. for the reading information and 7:30 p.m. for business writing. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of each test. Students must register and pay online (see Ms. L. Johnson in the testing office for more information)
The fee for this test is $25 per test. You are required to have a photo id in order to enter into the class. You will need to find out from your guidance counselor or testing coordinator which test(s) will need to be taken, if you don’t already know.
- Virginia Tech will be visiting Lakeland tomorrow, 12th during your lunch shifts. If you are interested in attending or would like to learn more about Virginia Tech, please stop by their table and speak with the representative.
- Cavaliers: in honor of MSgt Curtis: AFJROTC is hosting a Halloween themed color run to benefit the Buffalo Soldiers of which he was a part of. The color run will be held Oct. 28th at 12:00 noon at Sleepy Hole Park. The cost of students is $15, all others are $20. Water and snacks will be provided. The run is open to the public, so tell your family and friends! Buy your ticket(s) in the ROTC room with Major Blake. Please come and show your support.
- Yearbooks for the 2017-2018 school year are on sale now until Christmas break for only $50. After Christmas break, the price will go up to $60. Seniors, from now until Thanksgiving break we will be running a special on senior ads for the yearbook; full page: $200, after thanksgiving break the price will go up to $300. If you would like a senior ad in the yearbook please see Ms. Sapp in room 129.
- Anyone planning to play a winter sport must have a physical by Nov.2nd. All physical must be turned in to Coach G. Rountree. You will not be able to try out without a physical. Current fall sports participants do not have to get a new physical.
- Female Juniors: if you are interested in playing in the senior vs junior powder puff football game. Please see Ms. Keys in room 110 to sign up.
- All cavaliers interested in joining the swim team this season: there will be an informational parent and swimmer meeting on Monday, Oct. 16th at 6:15 pmin the cafeteria. Conditioning will begin the week of October 30th. Please contact Coach Brant at 757-641-6388 with any additional questions/concerns.
- Mrs. Tucker from voter’s registration will be here today, 11th and tomorrow, 12th. If you did not get a chance to vote please stop by the voter’s registration table today during your lunch shifts. Make sure you have your social security number to complete the form.
- The Ladies of Distinction will meet tomorrow, 12th @ 3pm in room 232, Mrs. Riddick will be here.
- Z-block will re-convene on tomorrow, 12th.