The Suffolk-Nansemond Historical Society is excited about the opportunity to offer high school students community service hours at our headquarters in downtown Suffolk. We feel that this is a unique and educational way in which to acquire the hours needed for graduation. For more information, please see your school counselor.
- In honor of MSgt Curtis: AFJROTC is hosting a Halloween themed color run to benefit the Buffalo Soldiers of which he was a part. The color run will be held Oct. 28 at 12:00 noon at Sleepy Hole Park. The cost of students is $15, all others are $20. Water and snacks will be provided. The run is open to the public so tell your family and friends! Buy your ticket(s) in the ROTC room with Major Blake. Please come and show your support.
- Yearbooks for the 2017-2018 school year are on sale now until Christmas break for only $50. After Christmas break, the price will go up to $60. Seniors, from now until Thanksgiving break we will be running a special on senior ads for the yearbook; full page: $200, after Thanksgiving break the price will go up to $300. If you would like a senior ad in the yearbook please see Ms. Sapp in room 129.
- The BioStem club will be having a meeting tomorrow, Oct. 19 in room 215 at 3:15 p.m. there will be a guest speaker, Dr. Rosalind Brown, MD along with a medical student discussing the path to a medical career. If you are interested please attend this meeting.
- Anyone planning to play a winter sport must have a physical by Nov.2. All physical must be turned in to Coach G. Rountree. You will not be able to try out without a physical. Current fall sports participants do not have to get a new physical.
- Female juniors: if you are interested in playing in the senior vs junior powder puff football game. Please see Ms. Keys in room 110 to sign up.
- Prestige portraits will be at LHS on Tuesday, October 24 for a FINAL opportunity to have your Senior Portrait taken here at school. Sign up in the Library for a time slot.
- There will be a Special Education meeting today at 3:15 p.m. in the library.
There will be boys’ tennis conditioning this Friday after school at the tennis courts from 3:15 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. Make sure you have a ride home. Questions talk to Coach Jay in room 209.