- The Suffolk-Nansemond Historical society is excited about the opportunity to offer high school students community service hours at our headquarters in downtown Suffolk. We feel that this is a unique and educational way in which to acquire the hours needed for graduation. For more information, please see your school counselor.
- Yearbooks for the 2017-2018 school year are on sale now until Christmas break for only $50. After Christmas break, the price will go up to $60. Seniors, from now until Thanksgiving break we will be running a special on senior ads for the yearbook; full page: $200, after Thanksgiving break the price will go up to $300. If you would like a senior ad in the yearbook please see Ms. Sapp in room 129.
- Seniors, please remember to pay your dues of $60 to Ms. Manning in the chorus room. On Feb. 1, dues will go up to $70, so pay them now!
- There will be an athletic banquet Tuesday, Nov. 28 at 6:00 p.m.
- Seniors, please stop by the library to confirm your selection of your senior portrait that will appear in the yearbook. This must be done by the dismissal on Wed., 11.22 for Thanksgiving break.
- There will be a senior class meeting today, 14th at 3:15 p.m. in the chorus room.
- We have another community service opportunity. LW’s Lawn Service is hosting their annual Thanksgiving Turkey Giveaway on Saturday, Nov. 18 from 7:30 p.m. until 1:30 p.m. if you are interested in participating in this event, please see Mrs. Williams in guidance to sign-up.
- The Ladies of Distinction will meet Thursday, Nov. 16 at 3:00 p.m. in room 232.
- Cavaliers family: we invite you to not meet us there, but beat us there this Friday night at York High School! The varsity football team will play them at 7:00 p.m. so please come out and show your support in this regional semi-final game!
- On Thursday, November 16, 2017, a representative will be here from Jostens to discuss class rings for the junior class at 11:00 .
Attention to all Marching Quiet Storm Band members: This is to inform you that Full MarcMarching Quiet Storm Band members: Full Marching Band Rehearsal will be Today and Tomorrow, Tuesday & Wednesday, November 14 & 15, 2017 from 3:15 PM until 5 PM.Full marching band rehearsal will be regular time this Thursday (11-16-2017) from 3:15 PM until 7 PM. All band members are asked to be present and on time. arsal w be Today and Tomorrow from 3:15 PM until 5 PM.Full marching band rehearsal will be regular time this Thursday (11-16-2017) from 3:15 PM until 7 PM. All band members are asked to be present and on time.
- The next GSA will be Thursday, November 16 at 3:15 in Room 223.
- ASVAB sign-ups are now open. Sign up in the library before school, during lunches, and after school. Only students in grades 10-12 are allowed to test. Any questions, see Mrs. L. Johnson in the testing office. The ASVAB will be administered on Tuesday, November 21, 2017. Sign-ups will close on Friday, November 17.
- Sol remediation for today:
Algebra 2 room 208
Earth science room 223
World History I room 167
USVA room 126